Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hockey Pokey and "Auntie, Push Me"

kids playing hockey pokey as they waited for hair cuts



Yesterday I played with the kids outside while they waited to get their haircuts. They wanted to see pics of my family and so, I brought my laptop outside and showed them the pics that I have. Then, they wanted to "write" their names on my computer, so I opened Word and we proceeded to write each child's name in a document, so that they could see it. Finally, they discovered that I have music on the computer and had me search through the music to see what they wanted to hear - we finally stumbled upon the Hockey Pokey - they formed a circle and began doing the dance, over and over :)

There is a swingset near the cottages and several of the children were swinging and as I walked by, "auntie, push me", so I spent the better part of an hour pushing on the swings and showing the kids how to hook their legs over the bars and swing upside down.

Today, we had church - I must admit that I felt moved to tears today - the children lead the service - the singing and the drum playing (I recorded much of this) and also the praying. There were about 50+ kids and 6 adults. Watching and experiencing this ... I have no words right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment